Thursday, March 06, 2008

and breath......

We're in , we're in ,we're in,,,,, we're half unpacked!!!

Things are starting to calm down slowly.But not enough to stay still long! My new house was built just as the war finished, and the same family have lived in it since (the lady that was still here, moved into an old peoples home) It really hasn't been touched much in that time, which is great...except we neeeeeed to put in a new kitchen. We have the original door and door handles and some of the most wonderful wall paper!!


The garden is very mature, and full of my favourite plants, including hundreds of fuchsias a family favourite. I will be filling my garden blog full of it through the year as everything sprouts and blooms. The children has been totally loving the garden, as you can see from the picture strawberry Puff has even been flying!!!! Outtake can't wait to do her work in the garden when it warms up.
Everyone keeps saying, this house has to have been made for me, with it's floral wallpapers, and fuchsia garden, but when we found a vintage dressmaking Adjustaform in our loft i had to agree. Still in box with instructions, i can't wait to get it set up and in use.


I can now show what i made StrawberryPuff for her birthday. I did have a tea set planned too, but didn't have time to complete it. This little girl is called Margarette (Margie for short) and she is actually quite big, at least double the size of my usual dolls.


The other gift was a pony purse. This is well loved my everyone.

I am now working on a new pattern for a bunny. This was my quick sketch last night...so watch this space :) If it works up as well as my daydreaming fantasy mind sees it, i might start offering them for sale.


Outtake wrote me a story for mothers day. What was lovely was that she completed it all on her own. We managed to get a bit of 'work' (if you can call HE that) done today, and Outtake wrote in her journal about the move.
So all in all things are quite peachy here, except my beautiful Leibshen seems to have taken a walk alittle too far from home. I am going quite mad without him. Luckly we have moved just round the corner to our old place, so our old neighbours are keeping a look out.

8 Comments:

At 11:09 pm, Blogger Elizabeth said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Your new home is so beautiful. The garden looks completely lovely. Marie is so wonderful...and the pony purse too. I wish I could do stuff like that. I am smiling from ear to ear. Now you have more room for babies!

So sorry about Leibshen. I really hope he turns up soon. I remember we lost a cat when I was about 8. I was so heartbroken.

:D I want to see more pics of the house. Some of us can't just come over for the afternoon, you know. It would bit a very long drive...and swim.

 
At 11:56 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

((hugs)) hope he turns up soon Nats.

House looks fab, I think you're right - just made for you :)

Have fun with it Sah xx

 
At 2:02 pm, Blogger Jellie Jolly Jade xx said...

When you get around to it can you email me your new address. I was hoping to get the girls together at some point over the easter weekend as we will be staying with mum all weekend.
Lovely big house and garden looks perfect for you all.
You could get bunnies too!!
Hope pussycat turns up soon.
Speak soon i hope.
Annette xx

 
At 5:44 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, you've moved in to the perfect vintage house! I think I see a hydranga in your garden too!!
Lucky thing.

Cherry xoxoxoxox

 
At 1:46 pm, Blogger Jellie Jolly Jade xx said...

Didn't get it!!!
Will email you and see how we go!

 
At 9:43 pm, Blogger Brierley + Clover said...

How lovely is your new house??? That wallpaper is just gorgeous - and the lucky find in the loft - I think the house was just waiting for you to find it and love it!

The pony bag is great - so wish my craft skills were far better than they are!

 
At 2:35 pm, Blogger Nicki said...

Hope you're settling in ok - it all sounds rather fabulous! Hope Leibshen has turned up safe and well.

That pony bag is wonderful, what a lucky girl she is :o)

 
At 10:18 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new home! That wallpaper is to die for, and the find in the loft - you lucky thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home