Saturday, July 05, 2008

loosing weight

Ok so i put on alot of weight with the last pregnancy. I didn't look too bad while pregnant, but i have noticed it since. Sooo, i trying to shape up. I think perhaps everybody i know is doing the same thing, so we can all lean on each other!!

I have taken a couple of photos of my size today so i can document the weight loss! As my hubby told me this t-shirt and joggy bottoms 'do nothing for me', but we get the drift. I have taken belly out pictures too..but i will only show them if i get toned up lol ( i have one of straight after i had Teyla to scare people out of having 4 children with )


I have not really started 'dieting' yet, but I have made my portions smaller and i'm exercising and toning. My sister and I have started belly dancing classes. We do 3 hours a week. 1 hour of cabaret and 2 of tribal, and we are enjoying it so very much, we are slowly getting outfits and DVDs. Even after a few classes we can both see the way it is changing our shape and curves.


Other than that i do ALOT of DVDs. I am sure i like collecting exercise vids lol.

I will give the info for a few favourite ones i use...

Barbara Currie's Yoga total body plan - LOVE this, like LOVE LOVE LOVE. This had my belly totally flat within a few weeks of giving birth to Ryan. I am now doing a 15 minute plan in the morning, and if i can not be bothered to do anything longer in evening another 15 minutes then.
This is not all spirit and meditation and fall to sleep yoga *blushes* this is body toning yoga, it's short and sweet. You can work all the way through this DVD or just do 15 minutes for the parts of the body you are bothered with.

Fatchancebellydance tribal basics Vol 1 - This is my tribal belly dance. IT is whats called 'drills' which quite basically meaning drilling the moves till you are fab at them. When you start it's a killer! Great exercise and i get to practice my dance.

Carmen Electra's aerobic striptease disc 2 - I have the whole set of these through to disc 5, they are fun, but not worth the money of buying separate (i bought for a deal in the set) EXCEPT disc 2 is an exercise routine not a strip one..and it is fabulous. Really good exercise. You can do lots, covering all areas of the body (and reallly work yourself) or you can do a good 30 minutes.

Lindsey Jackson's Pilates in pregnancy - i know it says pregnancy, but the early pregnancy stuff is great for after, and my gosh is quite a killer on the body if you ask me (specially if you really 'work' it) My only problem with this is it seems reallly long, like you are doing it forever, so i only do this one if i really like working for ages.

So thats it of exercise reviews for now...but i have so many, i think i will review more soon. It's helpful to have reviews of exercise DVDs. So many of us have to, or want to exercise at home, it's good to know what others think before we buy.

For record -
Arm 13 inch
Breast 39-40 inch
waist 35 inch
Hips 39 inch
Leg 21 inch

10 stone (not too bothered about this, it's the shape i want to define)

So more news on how it goes hopefully soon!

2 Comments:

At 12:23 pm, Blogger Jellie Jolly Jade xx said...

Oh good luck. You know me now I always wack lots of weight on during pregnancy and am no stick insect to begin with. I am slowly getting back to pre-pregnancy, hopefully when you see me in the summer I will look fairly normal. Then I will work on my normal flabby bits- but just aiming for pre-pregnancy for now! I usually try to get back to pre preganacy weight within first 6 months. So few more weeks of no yummy chocolate!!!!! Good luck anyway and do tell me when you get chance to exercise?!!!!

 
At 9:17 pm, Blogger mummynat said...

lol, when they sleep!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home