Wednesday, April 02, 2008

WIP

WIP's.... W . I . P's
I am not alone in this crafty world, we even have a abbreviation for what effects me.
W.I.P's ......... Work in progress.
I have many works in progress, scattered all around my life. But today we are going to discuss only the yarn ones. I have a few of these, and i think it's time i got this guilty secret off my chest.
"one or two" i hear you all cry " we all have one or two unfinished things"

Yeah i got one or two

A skirt for Outtake
A tiny tiny teddy for *my husband * lol

three or four? yeah i got those

a few floppety bunniesanother baby star blanket

Five or six? hmmm few more

a teddya secret ;)

Seven or eight????? alittle higher

Blanket for the cotCardigan for Strawberry Puff

Oh and one more, i've decided to learn to knit. I did the basic 'drop stitch' when i was younger (yanno when you start with 30 stitches and your mum has to come and increase 5 every ten minutes to keep you on track) well now i want to knit real stuff, so i give you my last W.I.P...

a scarf for Spud.


Hmm i was hoping that would make me feel better!!! I guess there is only one thing for it, bring this under the new years resolution category of 'don't leave things till later'. I gotta actually get this stuff finished. So it's numbered, you know what i gotta do....... updates hopefully regularly.


And to start, looky here, i finished a skirt and hat for strawberry puff. :)

7 Comments:

At 8:45 pm, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Thanks for the well-wishes Nat. It means a lot :)

And don't be bummed out for all the WIP's. I'm amazed the ones you complete! They're always so lovely.

 
At 5:33 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh that finished skirt and hat is so cute! When you get to feeling overwhelmed, look at that pic and remember how fabulous your stuff is when it's finished. I envy you your yarn talent!

 
At 8:11 pm, Blogger Nicki said...

Oh yeah, i have a few WIPs too.

I love love LOVE the hat and skirt, too cute!

 
At 1:04 pm, Blogger Jellie Jolly Jade xx said...

I best hold off my list of things i would like you to make!!!! wish one of my little ones was a girlie so that i could get you to make me one of those hat and skirt combos!
xxx

 
At 1:07 pm, Blogger Jellie Jolly Jade xx said...

Also, don't you just love Garth nix! I have nearly read everything he has published!

 
At 12:05 pm, Blogger Jellie Jolly Jade xx said...

To continue our conversation through our blogs!- I am just finishing 'The Fall' which is the first book in a new series by Garth Nix and has been quite good- easy to read so is based at 10yrs onwards, Which for the likes of you and me who don't have a lot of time to get indepth with a book, is perfect. I'm looking forward to the next one now! But i am also waiting for Saturday and Sunday of his last series so he had better get a tally on!!!!!

 
At 8:59 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely to come across a UK-home educating blog - will be bookmarking you!
In the meantime where did you come across that wonderful skirt pattern, is it your own? Might be just what I need to get me knitting again.
Cheers

 

Post a Comment

<< Home