Saturday, October 18, 2008

My little 'pick me up', secret and annoyance

Our trip to adventure island went down well. Spud loves rollercoasters so much, he wanted to go on every one and wouldn't stop talking about him. Outtake was encouraged onto some with a bribed trip to lush afterwards for a bath bomb.

Today i am going to discuss something i don't tell just any old person. It's one of my little secrets, and a little boost for me. It's also quite an annoyance. My contact lenses!! I got my first glasses at about 8 and had to wear them full time by age 11, these days i am as blind as a bat! I got my first contact lenses at about 14/15. They were gas permeable (commonly known as hard lenses) They were hell beyond hell, so after 6 months of that bad idea i changed over to soft contacts. I got my first lot of colours at 18. I had freshlook in green, sapphire and violet. I have really dark features (with pail skin, proper little snow white) and unless you was in my face with a camera flash they didn't quite cut it. So though i loved them, and i wanted contacts with an extra something (as i HAVE to wear them) i didn't buy them again, hoping that something stronger would come along. But being European, supposedly having lovely light eyes, living in Europe, those lenses i pined for never showed. I was about to give up and get my usual plain colourless lens order when browsing through blogs i happened upon an advert for manga eyes. They looked great, so i did further googleing. I discovered they were called Circle lenses and i would have to get them from Korea (mine are made in Korea and sent over for me by a lovely girl in Malaysia). Ok so whats so great about them. Well being made in Korea they are made for a different people. Firstly, Korea, China, Singapore and all those places brought us manga and anime, which amongst other things have big eyed cartoons.

So circle lenses have a large dark circle round the edge making the eye area appear larger and to make them really stand out. The colour also extends out further making the iris bigger. Secondly most people of Asian descent have dark dark eyes, thus the colour pigment has to be greater.
So i opted for my first 2 pairs and they arrived in the post a while ago. I bet you are dieing to know what colours i went for...... brown and black! Yes you heard right. Brown and black. I went for brown as i wanted to try something to really complement my eyes with out looking like contacts, and black to be freaky (LOL) But i do already have my next 3 lenses picked out and ready for pre-order which are colours (my eyes are so bad, if i want something different i have to pre order to get my stupid prescription)
So onto pictures....


The freaky black


The oh so beautiful brown ( i can't even tell you how much i love love love these)
And some super duper close up. (excuse the eyebrows, rest assured they have now been plucked!!)


One black one brown


And lastly one brown and one natural eye to show the enlargening effect and definition. Lovely.
(click all pics to make bigger..if you want of course!)

3 Comments:

At 4:21 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I never knew such a thing existed, they really are very effective. You look great.
I always used to want those violet lens when I was younger but never dared - I am a tad squeamish about my eyes!!

 
At 7:30 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! I am really quite taken with the idea. I should wear glasses, and I should wear contact lenses, one or tother, and have tried both since I was told I must when I was 15, but contact lenses and glasses o mine always meet with some sort of disaster end so I've not bothered for yeeeears.

Blind as a bat but just used to everything all fuzzy now.

But these pics make the whole business look fun again, so I wonder, do you have a link for where you got these manga's from? They make for a stunningly gorgeous effect and I wouldn't mind trying.

EF

efdiary.wordpress.com

 
At 7:17 am, Blogger 'EF' said...

Thanks for the link you put on me blog. Ai they are tempting those lenses!

EF

(also at efdiary.wordpress.com)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home